More information about the insurer Zurich
By choosing Zurich as the provider for your Protection needs you can expect an exceptional level of customer service and expertise by our UK based team.
Zurich is one of the world's largest insurance groups, and one of the few to operate on a truly global basis. Our mission is to help our customers understand and protect themselves from risk.
With over 60,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries, we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees.
Founded in Switzerland in 1872, Zurich has met customers' needs with great attention to service and care throughout its history. We have evolved from a large Swiss insurer into one of the world's leading insurance groups.
Zurich in the UK
Our people are professional, knowledgeable and enthusiastic who enjoy working at a company which in 2015 was named among the 'Sunday Times Top 25 Big Companies to work for' for the 6th year running, rising to 11th place.
Zurich's Underwriting Philosophy
We have an award winning underwriting capability. There are many reasons for our underwriting reputation, including the fact that:
- 72% of lives are accepted on standard terms for our Level Protection and Decreasing Mortgage Cover plans
- We have an inclusive underwriting approach, meaning we work hard to provide cover whenever we can, at the correct price and only applying non-standard terms where it is absolutely necessary and reasonable to do so
Excellent Claims Record
We take an open and honest approach to all claims, paying them as quickly as possible. During the claims process we give our customers:
- A telephone based claims handling process
- Direct access to a dedicated claims assessors who keeps the customer informed of the progress
- Access to a professional, confidential counselling and support service.
|Average Time to Pay Death Insurance Claims (days)
|Average Time to Pay Terminal Illness Insurance Claims (days)
|Personal Claims Handler Appointed
|Percentage of Death Claims Paid
||99% paid in 2017
|Date Zurich was Established
|Financial Strength of Insurer (Standard and Poor's)
More info about S&P ratings
||Zurich Assurance Ltd
|Value of Underwritten Cover in the UK