1. The promoter is: Investment Discounts On-Line Ltd, trading as Compare Cover (company no. 04231834) whose registered office is at One Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA.
2. The competition is open to all permanent residents of the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of Investment Discounts On-Line Ltd and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or those judging the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions and their eligibility to receive the prize.
5. Routes to enter this competition are via Facebook and/or Twitter
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person per social media platform. Multiple entries from the same person on any platform will be disqualified.
7. The competition will run from Thursday 8th February 2018, with the closing date for entry on midnight (GMT) on Thursday 22nd February 2018. No further entries to the competition will be permitted or considered after this date.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The prize is as follows:
- The prize is a £670 voucher to be used to claim a stay in the Wordsworth Suite at the Beech Hill Hotel, Newby Bridge Road, Windermere, Cumbria, LA23 3LR
- The prize is redeemable between March 1st 2018 and December 19th 2018 subject to availability and excluding bank holidays and half term dates.
- The prize can either be used for a two-night stay for two persons for Friday night and the consecutive Saturday night OR a stay for two persons for two consecutive nights between Sunday and Thursday with a £20 voucher to be redeemed behind the bar. The £20 bar prize will only apply for a Sunday to Thursday stay.
- Breakfast on both mornings of the stay for both people is included in the prize.
10. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- Facebook entrants must 'like' the competition post to be entered into the competition prize draw. Entrants must still have their 'like' on the post at the time of the competition prize draw or their entry will not be counted.
- Facebook entrants are advised to also 'like' Compare Cover's Facebook page to ensure that they receive the winner announcement. This is not an entry requirement.
- Twitter entrants must 'follow' the Compare Cover Twitter account and 'retweet' the original competition post to be entered into the competition prize draw. Entrants must still 'follow' the Compare Cover Twitter account at the time of the competition prize draw or the entry will not be counted.
- A retweet of any other post, including reminders or mentions, will not be considered as a valid entry. The user must ensure they retweet the original competition post as linked above.
- Entrants found to post offensive or malicious content, whether within the comments area of the competition post, or by way of public reply to any post, or any other means of will be disqualified, and their posts may be subject to removal or moderation at the promoter's discretion.
- Entrants found to be participating using more than one account, fake accounts, accounts not belonging to them or any automated method of entry (including but not limited to 'bots' or scripts) will be disqualified from this competition and banned from all future competitions or promotions.
11. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or any other event outside of the promoter's control. Any changes to this competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
12. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
13. The prize is stated in these Terms & Conditions and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and the promoter serves the right to substitute the prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
14. There will be one winner, chosen by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
15. The promoter will deliver the prize to the winning participant following confirmation of their identity and the validity of their entry. The winning participant must have an active, working and valid email address and be able to provide proof of age (such as a passport or driving license scan or high-quality photograph â?? which will be deleted following confirmation of the prize delivery) and postal address. Failure to do so will result in the drawing of an alternative winner.
16. The promoter's decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition, including the decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
18. The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant's prior consent.
20. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with any third party or affiliates connected with the prize.
22. The promoter has the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these Terms & Conditions, and any such changes will be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.