Our February 2018 competition to win a Romantic Getaway in the Lakes has now closed and we're in the process of collecting entries before we draw our winner. Any new post likes (Facebook) or follows/retweets (Twitter) made will not be counted.
The draw will be conducted independently and the winner contacted before March 31st 2018.
Has Valentine's Day got you pining for a luxurious escape to help celebrate the love you have for your partner?
Well, with the latest competition from Compare Cover, you could be in with a chance to win a romantic 2-night getaway in the Lake District, complete with your own private hot tub with stunning views over Lake Windermere!
The Lake District is considered to be one among the most beautiful areas of natural beauty in the world, featuring dramatic scenery and rich history that contributed to its long-awaited addition to UNESCO's list of World Heritage Sites in 2017. With our office located right on the edge of the National Park, we're lucky enough to see some of this natural beauty on a daily basis.
Does a stay within this stunning and tranquil place, complete with leisure facilities access, a private garden and your own hot tub sound like a perfect Valentine's treat? Enter our competition today to be in for a chance!
We're offering a two-night stay in the luxurious Wordsworth Suite of the 4-star Beech Hill Hotel & Spa in Windermere.
Complete with antique furniture, floor-to-ceiling panoramic windows that give an unrivalled view of Windermere's stunning scenery, and a roll-top bath for you to soak your trouble away, it really is the perfect couple's retreat.
Included in this unique prize is:
Luxury, comfort and opulent design - the perfect companions to a romantic escape!
Given the amazing location, you can spend your time enjoying your private suite, taking romantic strolls with lovely landscapes as a backdrop, or experience the delicious cuisine of the Lake District.
Sound like your ideal romantic getaway? To be in with a chance to win this prize, worth over £650, you just need to enter our competition!
To be in with a chance of winning, just 'like' our competition post on Facebook to be entered into the prize draw.
Alternatively, you can 'follow' the Compare Cover Twitter account and 'retweet' the original competition post to be entered into the prize draw.
Check our Terms and Conditions to learn more about how you can win this fabulous romantic getaway for two in Windermere and don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter so you don't miss the winner announcement!
1. The promoter is: Investment Discounts On-Line Ltd, trading as Compare Cover (company no. 04231834) whose registered office is at One Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA.
2. The competition is open to all permanent residents of the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of Investment Discounts On-Line Ltd and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or those judging the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions and their eligibility to receive the prize.
5. Routes to enter this competition are via Facebook and/or Twitter
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person per social media platform. Multiple entries from the same person on any platform will be disqualified.
7. The competition will run from Thursday 8th February 2018, with the closing date for entry on midnight (GMT) on Thursday 22nd February 2018. No further entries to the competition will be permitted or considered after this date.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The prize is as follows:
10. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
11. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or any other event outside of the promoter's control. Any changes to this competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
12. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
13. The prize is stated in these Terms & Conditions and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and the promoter serves the right to substitute the prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
14. There will be one winner, chosen by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
15. The promoter will deliver the prize to the winning participant following confirmation of their identity and the validity of their entry. The winning participant must have an active, working and valid email address and be able to provide proof of age (such as a passport or driving license scan or high-quality photograph – which will be deleted following confirmation of the prize delivery) and postal address. Failure to do so will result in the drawing of an alternative winner.
16. The promoter's decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition, including the decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
18. The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant's prior consent.
20. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with any third party or affiliates connected with the prize.
22. The promoter has the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these Terms & Conditions, and any such changes will be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
Grandparents are often relied upon for babysitting duties during the summer holidays. Here are some ideas to help get you through the long break.
While many couples jet off to Paris or Venice to celebrate their love for each other, we've come up with some alternative, but equally romantic getaways.