The Ultimate Present-Buying Guide for New Dads
23 November 2017
Every day there are dads working hard to raise their children and, with Christmas not so far away, many people may be considering how to show the important dad in their life how much they care.
Caring for a child is a time-consuming, albeit worthwhile mission. So, we've put together our guide to buying a present for new dads to help them combat that to-do-list. Here are some gift ideas for children, partners, or parents to show how much Dad means to you!
A Gift for Life
Keepsakes could be an excellent choice for new dads who want to be able to look back and remember their early days, months, and years as a new parent. These gifts could range from simple, inexpensive keepsakes to something a little grander.
- A Gift from the Child - receiving any gift from your child can be special, so it doesn't necessarily have to be something big. Personalised keyrings are simple, yet popular. Dad would surely love a keyring that shows the date he became a Dad, an early photo of the kids or even finger or hand prints from their new-born.
- A Gift from the Partner - a gift from a partner can be particularly special as they support one another through the early days of parenthood (and beyond!). For something that could be kept forever, a framed handprint or footprint from your new baby would look great, proudly on display in the office or at home.
- A Gift from Dad's Parents - as parents of the new dad, there's a good chance baby's Granny and Grandad can offer valuable advice and stories from their own experience. In terms of a gift, how about a framed side-by-side photo of the dad when he was a new-born alongside a photo of his new-born baby?
A Much-Needed Rest
Looking after a new-born baby can be particularly tiring for parents, so treating a new dad to a much-needed rest could be an incredibly appreciated gift.
- A Gift from the Child - of course, this will need some help from the partner, but to offer a much-needed rest, a special gift could be a night-in kit, including items such as beer, dad's favourite film and some popcorn.
- A Gift from the Partner - while looking after a new baby can be a team effort, a fun and special gift could be some homemade 'coupons' that offer the promise of anything from a 'free pass on a nappy change' to a 'night out with the lads'.
- A Gift from Dad's Parents - grandparents can make the ideal babysitters as they may have plenty of experience with their own children. Grandparents could offer to take the baby for a night or even a weekend to give both new parents some time to relax and catch up on sleep.
The New Dad Style
New dads may not be too concerned about their style and fashion choices in the early days of parenthood, but a special gift could help keep a new dad stylish.
- A Gift from the Child - New dads may not be too concerned about their style and fashion choices in the early days of parenthood, but a special gift could help keep a new dad stylish.
- A Gift from the Partner - typically Dad just uses Mum's changing bag without too much worry of how that cute teddy bear motif looks on their shoulder. Most changing bags are made for women, so a simple leather or canvas bag made with dads in mind could be a great present.
- A Gift from Dad's Parents - new grandparents may want to thank their son for their new grandchild, and a fashionable gift could be a great way to do this. A new watch could be engraved with the name of the new baby or maybe even the date and time of the birth.
Being a new parent can be an exciting time, and it is a good time to think about getting #LifeSorted. Life insurance is just one of the things that new parents may be considering, so we have provided a simple way to compare life insurance quotes.